DC Drinks

Reviews, rantlets and ribald on all things alcoholic.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Take No Prisoners: Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Bourbon

Dave Broom from Whiskey Magazine had this to say about Eagle Rare's 10 Year Old, "Quite a mouthful which takes no prisoners." I agree wholeheartedly.

I was fortunate enough to get Eagle Rare 17 Year Old Bourbon for Christmas with my brother getting the 10 Year. The 10 Year explodes with flavor--orange peel, grain and caramel--and has the body to back it up. Although it's not quite as nuianced as the 17 Year, I prefer the 10 Year for its punch*. Add a splash of spring water to release the flavors. A new favorite.

* I'm told that the Eagle Rare 10 Year Old is now made at 90 proof versus the one I had, which is 101 proof. For shame, the recent trend toward lower proof in American whiskeys is tragic; great Bourbons are potent Bourbons.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Isaac Washington said...

Thanks!

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Ashlee said...

Loveely blog you have here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home